Saturday, December 14, 2013

Perfect Red Dress


Ugh, taking these pictures was so lame.
I keep forgetting that it gets dark around 5 these days, and so we were racing to not lose the light (again), and as soon as I set up my tripod I realized I forgot my memory card at home. :p
So Travis took these for me with my iPhone. I get really easily upset when things don't go according to my plan, so I was in a funk all night.



This dress, though!
It was my Christmas present from Travis. We exchanged gifts early since he's going to Italy tomorrow... I'm going to miss him! I picked out what I hoped would be the perfect red dress... and it hit pretty close! My only complaints would be that the waist hits a tad high on me, and that my dream dress would have a slightly poofier skirt. But the color is perfect, I love the pleats, and the material is super comfy. It even has pockets, so. I wish I had a holiday party to go to, just so I could dress it up all fancy! Instead I worked with what I had. Most of my clothes are either at school or at home, so I had a pretty limited array of accessories.




It also doesn't go as well with pastel-peach hair as it would have with brown or red, haha! That's cool though.

Dress: Modcloth
Tights: Target
Vest and Jacket: Thrifted
Shoes: Wanted via Delias
Necklace: F21



8 comments:

  1. That dress looks gorgeous on you! And I hate it when things don't go accordingly, especially when you're out taking photos for your blog Dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I just love your peachy pink hair! It's so short and sweet. :D And that red dress is perfect on ya, lovely lady!

    Also, I read your last post about art theft. Um, what?! That's super lame. I'm an artist, too, and I'd be super enraged if that happened. I hope everything is down now. I can't believe that's something we've still gotta worry about these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed a wonderful color! I think it looks good with your hair, especially since the color combination is kind of unusual. I like my eyes to be surprised. & I also get upset when things don't go according to plan. At least the pictures still look good to us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a bit of an Early Christmas for a send off for him. Sounds fun :)

    PS maybe a petticoat would give that cute red dress the slightly poofier skirt you want?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg yes, Kristian, that's such a good idea! I've been considering buying one for awhile, I really should take the plunge!

      Delete
  5. These last two photo sets have been AWESOME :) Love the dress & hair, and what a great location here! :D

    <3 Megan
    http://www.garden-variety.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous location! You look darling <3 Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete