Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Potato Sack


Usually I wear the outfits I share on here all day. But today I was like "Imma get dressed up and take pictures of myself!!" #fashionblogger

"Dressed up?" You may say, "Rachel, you are basically wearing a potato sack." And yeah, you'd be right (I say that lovingly). It just so happened that on this particular day dressing up meant taking off my shorts and wearing the most comfortable dress in my closet. Whatevuh, I know you guys ain't gonna hate.



I made a blogger friend while taking these, guys! This girl I've seen around (because she knows my roomate mostly) walked up while I was posing for the tripod and I was like "Omg sorry, just being awkward here," but it turns out she also has a blog! Where she posts her (incredibly diverse and awesome) artwork, her ventures in sewing, and thrift store fashion! How could I not know that there is someone else on my campus doing the same weird stuff as me?! You guys should check her out here.




Dress: Thrifted
Shoes: Wanted via Delias
Floral Crown: Handmade by Me


I'm thankfully getting back into the swing of things here. Currently I'm in the mood to make tons of art and sew tons of dresses and like, change the world and everything, so here's hoping that will last! I mean, even my acne has cleared up so I'm for real on top of the world. How have you guys been doing?


8 comments:

  1. I think I like this dress- it is understated but timeless and one must never undervalue comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable, Rachel! Loving these boots with the dress. :)

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eee isn't being inspired to make and sew the best feeling? I actually adore your dress, the comfy babydoll cut is basically my favorite style ever! And cheers to meeting new blogger friends :)
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this dress! and so cool that you made an awesome new friend while hanging out with your tripod ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh god, that dress is one of my thrift dream finds! I love dresses that shape--most comfortable things EVER! And they make me feel so cute. :>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!!! :D I'm so excited I found your blog!! It looks so wonderful, and wow we are doing a lot of the same things. *.* how awesome! I'm excited to actually meet another woman fashion blogger in person! And I see you all the time, who would of thought? Any ways, this look is beautiful! I've been thinking about trying to pull off the flower head band, this inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those boots are amazing ><!

    <3 Megan
    http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your cute crown- and this dress has a really cute japanesey fit on you!

    ReplyDelete