Monday, March 4, 2013

Highway

This weekend I told Travis, "Let's pull over on the side of the highway to take pictures!" He obliged, but whined the whole time about how silly we seemed. I was like, "Welcome to my life."
You may notice I'm missing my glasses in these pictures. That's because I lost my glasses for about 24 hours this weekend! I seem to lose everything... this past week's casualties also include one of my favorite earrings and my debit card!
 While I'm writing this post I'm also watching Pocahontas 2 on Netflix. I hadn't realized how much I watched it when I was a kid, but it's all rushing back to me now! General Disney sequel crappiness aside, I'm really loving it! It kindof feels like they remade Beauty and the Beast but with worse animation and also Native Americans.
 I wore this long beaded cardigan over a vintage nightgown (which you can buy in my shop) for a 1920's drop-waist look, and then put a bow on it. Because when in doubt, that's what I do! Also I've been trying out my lovely new leather handbag I got from Megan for a commission!
I hope you guys had a nice weekend.
 vintage nightgown: for sale in my shop
cardigan: thrifted
shoes: DIY here
bag: via KiddoTV




6 comments:

  1. I've totally done the "let pull over and take pictures" before. *things bloggers say* ;) You look lovely! And I'm diggin those shoes <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowy, bohemian vibes here! My boyfriend whines about public photo locations too, haha :)

    <3 Megan
    http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bag!

    I hope you also found the other things besides your glasses (though lost glasses=terrifying for me. You cannot see the thing you are trying to find to help you see. Ridiculous that I feel that way, but-!) The car conversation is also something I've totally said, lol.

    The funny thing about Pocahontas II is that it actually seems to contain much more fact than the first film did. Odd, that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! Luckily my prescription is very weak. Missing my glasses only bothers me in supermarkets where there's lots of details!

      Delete
  4. Really like how these pictures turned out. And your cardi and gown combination is so pretty!

    Have a nice day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i so love your style sweetheart! you look adorable with those socks and that absolutely cute cardigan!
    fabulousness from head to toe!
    kiss,mary
    http://www.maryloucinnamon.com/

    ReplyDelete