Monday, November 5, 2012

Politics

Don't worry, I won't be bashing your party. Just the SYSTEM.
My fellow Americans, election day is coming up, am I right? I've been hearing a lot of smack talk on both sides, and I'm a little bit sick of it. I think the problem is the "both sides" thing. People line themselves up with a party and then indiscriminately hate candidates (and members) from the "opposing team" so to speak. The bipartisan system we have just fosters this whole dichotomy the country has going on. I'm not gonna lie, I'm voting for Obama this Tuesday. And I'm not gonna claim that I know tons about politics. But it seems to me that we as a people should vote for whoever has the best ideas for the country, not whoever has the label "democrat" or "republican".

And I know you're gonna say "Oh I totally agree!" But maybe you still say "they" when referring to the party you don't consider yourself a part of. And maybe you still call the candidate by his party name, and lump all conservatives (or liberals) together. And maybe you wouldn't consider voting across party lines.

I don't think the world's going to fall apart if the republican wins, guys. And it may just be my contrary nature, but members of both parties have been really grinding my gears lately.

You guys know there're issues with the way the election system works, I know you do. Sorry if I stepped on any toes. What's important is that you get out there and vote!
 Here're plenty of outfit pictures to make up for my ranting!
I pulled over on the side of the highway with my tripod to take these pictures, and lemme tell you. It was empowering! I used my sunglasses as a sepia filter haha.
I'm really looking forward to this long weekend, even though I've got tons and tons of work to do.
shirt- Old Navy
skirt- Forever 21
shoes- thrift store
hat- Goodwill
necklace- Target







6 comments:

  1. You said it girl. I cannot wait for the elections to be over. The design on your old navy shirt is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always thought it looked like a cauliflower!

      Delete
  2. politics hurt my head and frustrate me, whenever people of any part don't listen and care to hear things out. I totally agree, I just want elections to be done and over with. lol.

    you have a cute outfit! :)
    xx
    smudged-fingerprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I care about the outcome and fate of America and all that, I just don't get why everyone has to be so mean!

      Thankyou!

      Delete
  3. Love your outfit! Luckily today's the last day for electon madness, so hurray! It'll be over soon ;)

    ReplyDelete