Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Lavender and DIY Collar Tutorial

 Hi guys! This post has me all excited because I'm going to share with you NOT ONLY a refashion of these shorts, but my first real DIY tutorial for this collar! That's right, the one you see right here on my neck!
 But first, check out a few more pictures of my all purple outfit. Until recently, this sweater was all the purple I owned. And now I've got these wonderful lavender high waisted shorts that I just can't get enough of. I don't care how much I look like a grape.
Here's what the shorts looked like before I hemmed them up all nice:
They had tons of mud stains on them that came right out with stain remover.
 Okay that's enough of that! On to the tutorial!
So this is a detachable collar that I made using these supplies:
You need a collared shirt, a seam ripper, a needle and thread, and some beads in your choice of colors. I used a white-cream-gold color scheme, but here're some other ideas: 
Step 1: Use the seam ripper to tear the threads that connect the collar to the rest of the shirt. You'll want to rip right below the button and along that seam.
Step 2: Sew right along the bottom of the collar you just detatched.
Step 3: Now just decorate it up! Thread one bead at a time onto your needle and sew each one onto the collar in whatever pattern you want!
And here's the final! How easy was that?
outfit details:
sweater: forever 21
shorts: Goodwill, refashioned
collar: Goodwill, diy
socks: walmart
shoes: Goodwill





2 comments:

  1. The outfit is very cool, i like it, and i will try to do the collar ;)
    Clo

    ReplyDelete